Friday, April 18, 2014

First Inspection Passed!!!




 Pics are of the rough plumbing prior to the rebar being put down.

 The inspector arrived at 12:30 and spent the first 15 minutes talking with Tom La Duke our foundation contractor. They have apparently known each other for 20 years. After looking at the rough plumbing, he signed the card! We passed!!! He and I chit-chatted as I walked him out to his car. He got in and closed the door and looked up at me through the open window with a very serious face and said “where did you find these guys?”

My heart sank.

I told him that they were a recommendation from our designer Jim Irvin.

His face got even more serious and he said “These guys are the best...there are others that are as good but these guys are old school and really know what they are doing. You have some really good foundation guys!”
Talk about going from a valley to a mountain top! I was so relieved!! He smiled and drove off.

I walked a bit lighter back to the house after that conversation.

On Friday, I talked to Tom about the schedule and if he and Mike Mark had finished setting out the bolt pattern. He said yes and that he was very impressed with Mike Mark. He said “Mike is really knowledgeable and is really good at what he does.” So with those two conversations I am feeling really good about our choice of contractors.  

My pinky is healing very well. K pulled the three stitches out for me last night and there is very little swelling!
4 more weeks and the bone should be healed!! Just in time for me to start working again. The framing should be almost finished and we can start laying out our electrical. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment